Call for Student Posters
- Submission Deadline:
June 19June 23
- Poster Decision Date: June 26
- Presentation Day: July 4th
Each deadline is 23:59:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth) == GMT/UTC-12:00 on the stated day, no matter where the submitter is located.
In this workshop, we want to give students a chance to present their work to experts and peers, and receive creative insights. We explicitly encourage submissions of revolutionary concepts, path breaking ideas, and ongoing research prototypes.
RULES & SUBMISSION INFORMATION
We accept student poster submissions in all areas of data and information science. The poster must be written in English. Please send the title, a maximum 100-word abstract and the poster draft in PDF format to email@example.com. Poster drafts and final posters should be approximately 92cm high by 122 cm wide in a landscape format. At least one author of the accepted posters should attend the workshop in person.
WOLIT’23 student poster session will offer prizes up to ¥2000 for the Best Poster Presentation. Each participant will also receive a participation gift from the workshop organizers.
BEST POSTER AWARD
Cash prizes will be awarded to the authors of the Best Poster(s), selected by the Poster Award Committee during the workshop.
- 1st place ¥2000 x 1
- 2nd place ¥1500 x 1
- 3rd place ¥500 x 2
For more information, please contact the committee via firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Highlight main topics and purpose of your research.
- Make your poster more engaging by using color, diagrams and images.
- Include an abstract no more than 100 words.
- Avoid illegible fonts in size and style.
- Make sure diagrams and images are large enough to be viewed from a distance.
- Be prepared to answer questions on your research topic.